Sam Pitzulo Homes & Remodeling was the first company in the Mahoning Valley to become a Certified Aging in Place Specialist,
or C.A.P.S. for short. This certification administered by the National Association of Home Builders, educates builders in accessible building & remodeling techniques. We can preform a wide variety of accessible modifications to your existing home or help you design a new home with an eye on future needs.
Aging-in-place means living in your home safely, independently and comfortably, regardless of age or ability level. It addresses the need to remodel your existing home or design a new home.
We offer many options to customize a barrier free home:
- Attractive ramps or a zero-step entrance for the home.
- Handrails at existing steps and porches.
- Fewer or no stairs
- Raised dishwasher.
- Revolving corner shelves and pull-out shelves.
- Attractive grab bars in the shower.
- Lever handles on faucets.
- Slide-bar-type hand-held shower, for sitting or standing.
- Shampoo nooks inset in the wall.
- Curbless showers so that there is nothing to step over, these are wheelchair accessible.
- Anti-scald, temperature and pressure balanced tub shower valves for safer bathing.
- Widened entry doors to at least 32.”
- Higher toilets.
- Lower light switches and thermostats; raised outlets.
- Wider doors that accommodate wheelchairs and walkers.
These are just a few examples. Virtually all rooms of your house can be improved, even closets and garages.